Sunday, November 2, 2008

Winter Shorts

Some fashion trends are strange, very strange indeed. On that list includes pleather leggings, peep-toe oxfords and winter shorts. But it only takes a little time before I will come around to the idea. Winter shorts (aka. shorts made of thicker material like wool or tweed that are wore in winter) came in vogue in 2006. I wish I had bought a pair but it was not even on my radar screen back then. A look into the fashion blogsphere shows that winter shorts are still very much loved by girls in Asia. So cute when worn with tights or over-the-knee socks and a oversized sweater.

I woke up this morning with the idea for putting together this outfit. It's not a true pair of "winter shorts" but perfect for this "can't-make-up-my-mind-to-be-hot-or-cold" weather in Dallas.

Chiffon ruffle shirt from Poetry, sweater from Mossimo for Target, khaki linen shorts, bag from Liz Claiborne, peep-toe pumps, and fedora from Target.

Close-up. I've been trying to find ways to wear a fedora.

This is the ruffle shirt in its full glory as seen in another outfit. I just turned the collar down for the above outfit so it doesn't look so "Victorian-ish." Can I just add here how much I love ruffles? I don't think there's anything more feminine and prettier than ruffles. I should indulge in my ruffles for my closet.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

You know what I think... we should be roommates again so I can borrow your clothes!!!

Nightmare said...

You are way too cute. Love your pics, love your outfits. I love the idea of documenting what you wear. It's great.

 
template by suckmylolly.com : dingbat font TackODing